1255 South Michigan Avenue is a glass construction (2006), full-amenity rental building in South Loop.
1255 S Michigan Ave, Chicago IL
Fantastic views. Well maintained communal spaces. Convenient access to grocery stores and public transportation. Doormen/security go above and beyond.
Limited nearby nightlife options. Very pet friendly (loved and loved less). One resident notes an issue with dust coming in to his unit.
3.80 / 5
Nice high-rise apartment building
Overall good. I've been here for over 5 years so I obviously like it.
The pool/hot tub. The fact they allow dogs.
High security personnel turnover because the security supervisor is a witch. Too many units that are rented out to people on welfare. Connected to a retirement home.
The amenities and staff are amazing. It is a large building, in the city, so there are a variety of neighbors. Also, it is a dog friendly building, but that does not mean all the dogs are friendly. Overall, a great location, with great amenities and great service.
Pool, dog friendly, location, view, and price.
Temperature control in the units is heating and cooling and levels, but not a thermostat to set the temperature level.
My experience at Sky 55 has been mostly fun. please refer to the next two questions for specifics on likes and dislikes.
1. the location - i can walk to jewel (open 24 hrs) or trader joes both of which are less than a couple of blocks away. Same applies to Roosevelt train station or the bus stop right in front of my building.
2. i feel like your money goes a long way in the south loop when compared to the other neighborhoods I like such as river east or streeterville. I live in a 1 bedroom now.
3. not being locked into using a certain internet/cable provider
4. having in unit washer/dryer
5. Views from my apartment
6. The gym in the building is very clean and i a notch above most apartment gyms when it comes to equipment
7. for the zone i live in, i can get guest parking permits from the city at a very fair price.
8. There are a few trainers that live in the building and every time you go to the gym, you get inspired by the workouts they put their clientele through.
9. there is a convenience store in the building
1. For a good period of time (around 6months), my neighbor would leave her new pet at home and the poor thing would get restless and start barking from am to pm. This wasn't fun especially when one works from home. I feel like the management could have taken better steps to work with my neighbor and have her find solutions to having her dog walked on a daily basis rather than just wait it out.
2. for the longest time the apartment didn't have a business center where once could have access to printers.
3. there is an issue with a lot of dust coming in either through the air conditioning vents or windows. I don't even have a balcony and fine dust somehow finds its way into the unit.
4. We have an outdoor pool that's open in the summer - would be great to have an indoor pool.
Once I am in my unit it is great, but the building's management is incredibly absent. There are only 4 elevators (two double as service elevators) for 40 floors. Additionally, at least one elevator is down at all times due to service issues. The elevators have had conditional certificates for nearly a year.
Jewel (3 minute walk)
Go-Grocer (1 minute walk)
Red Line- Roosevelt (5-minute walk)